15 year-record: One thousand and 299 execution, 13 thousand women murders
The Republican People’s Party (CHP) prepared the report of the “AKP’s Human Rights Record”. The report prepared under the responsibility of CHP Deputy Chief Vice President responsible for the Rights of Man and Nature Zeynep Altıok, has revealed the dimension the AKP governments brought Turkey through its 15-year rule. According to the news of İklim Ongel from Cumhuriyet daily, the number of juvenile abuse cases has exponentially increased in the last 15 years, the number of arrested and convicted persons has increased by 232 percent, and Turkey settled in first rows of the list in the realms of rights violations.
Following information took place in the report:
* Between 2010 and 2015, 432 unsolved murders occurred.
* Between 2010 and 2015, 1299 people were executed extra-judiciary.
* The number of detainees and convicts which were 59 thousand and 429 when the AKP came to power, reached 197 thousand and 297 in 2016.
* Between 2002 and 2015, 184 journalists were arrested.
* During the period of AKP governments, 112 thousand and 24 websites were shut down.
* Curfews was implemented in 9 provinces and 35 districts. 78 children, 69 women and 338 civilians lost their lives.
* 30 thousand and 470 teachers, 3 thousand and 957 academicians, 3 thousand and 456 judges and prosecutors were dismissed.
* Between 2002 and 2015, 13 thousand and 928 women were killed.
* Between 2010 and 2015, 232 thousand and 313 girls between the ages of 16 and 17 were married. In 2015, 17 thousand and 789 children between the ages of 15-16 gave birth.
* From 2008 until today, 47 transsexuals were killed. 35 other transsexuals were driven to suicide.
Demokrasi3 translated by Şeref Güçlü