Home / Economy / Turkey’s tourism revenue falls 29.7 percent: Tourism Nightmare

Turkey’s tourism revenue falls 29.7 percent: Tourism Nightmare

 

Turkey’s tourism revenue falls 29.7 percent

According to a news in The Cruise Life, Turkey’s tourism revenues has become 22 billion 107 million 440 thousand dollars in 2016, a 29.7 percent decrease compared to the previous year.

Turkey’s tourism revenues, in 2016, dropped to 22 billion 107 million 440 thousand dollars, a decrease of 29.7 percent compared to the previous year. Turkey Statistical Institute (TUIK) announced tourism statistics for the year 2016.

Accordingly, tourism revenue was 22 billion 107 million 440 thousand dollars, decreasing by 29.7 percent compared to the previous year. 72.8 percent of the said income (excluding mobile phone roaming and marina service expenditures) was obtained from foreign visitors, and the remaining 27.2 percent from citizens visitors who reside abroad.

18 billion 495 million 978 thousand dollars of the last year’s income were generated by personal spending, while 3 billion 611 million 462 thousand dollars were generated by package tour expenditures. In this period, the average expenditure per person was 705 dollars, the average expenditure of foreigners was 633 dollars, and the average expenditure of citizens residing abroad was 978 dollars.

The number of visitors departing from Turkey decreased to 31 million 365 thousand 330, by 24.6 percent in 2016 compared to the previous year. Of these, 80.6 percent (25 million 265 thousand 406 people) were foreigners and 19.4 percent (6 million 99 thousand 924 people) were citizens residing abroad.

TOURISM EXPENDITURES REDUCE 11.4 PERCENT

Last year, tourism expenditure was down by 11.4 percent compared to the previous year and was 5 billion 49 million 793 thousand dollars. Of this, 4 billion 31 million 515 thousand dollars were created by personal, while 1 billion 18 million 278 thousand dollars were created by package tour expenses.

The number of citizens who visited abroad in the year in question decreased by 9.8 percent compared to the previous year and was 7 million 891 thousand 909 persons. Their average per capita spending was $ 640.

Şeref Güçlü

Check Also

Heavy Taxes Drive Turkish Drinkers to Homemade Liquor

High taxes on alcohol have pushed drinkers of alcohol in Turkey to seek alternatives to …