Home / Washington / US refutes Turkish Energy Minister’s US-based cyber-attack claims

US refutes Turkish Energy Minister’s US-based cyber-attack claims

US Government rejected the claims leveled by Turkish Energy Minister Berat Albayrak that U.S. based or oriented hackers attacked Turkey’s energy system.
In a statement issued by US Embassy’s Ankara Twitter account, US refuted the claims and said: “the allegation of U.S.-based hacking into the Turkish electricity or energy system has no basis in fact.”
Statement continued: “Morever, the U.S. and Turkey have strong cooperation in countering cybercrime, and we stand ready to jointly investigate and counter cybercrimes especially against key global infrastructure.”
Same statement also issued in Turkish.
Turkish Energy Minister Berat Albayrak, who is also President Erdogan’s son-in-law, in an interview with a Haber last Friday accused US based cyber attacks for frequent electricity blackouts major parts of Istanbul and surrounding cities last week and said: “we faced an intense, US-originated cyber attack. These attacks have been carried out systematically on different parts of the Energy Ministry, but we have repelled them all,”

Check Also

Scandals during interpretations of Erdogan’s remarks into English! But how is this possible?

Ilhan Tanir Ela Gonca İzmirli During the joint statement session with the US President Donald …