Leader of Republican People’s Party (CHP) Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu said about the failed coup on July 15th.: “After the July 15 controlled coup attempt, a real coup was done on July 20th. Nobody should ever forget the declaration of a state of emergency for three months following the failed coup in the country on July 20th.”
Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu said at the meeting of the CHP Party Assembly, on Saturday:
They say “Yenikapı spirit” now. I say clearly that I am still thinking about 12 items I counted in Yenikapı. I am the only leader who has not betrayed the Yenikapı spirit. The first thing they did was to betray this society. They drafted a constitution in their own party.We told you don’t put politics in the law and the military. They put politics in the military with published decree yesterday. The nationalist people should think. What happen, if this constitutional amendment passes from parliament? If this constitutional amendment passes from parliament, the president of a party will appoint 12 of them from 15 members of the Constitutional Court and most of the High Council of Judges and Prosecutors (HSYK) members. If this constitutional amendment passes from parliament, the president will be president of a party at the same time. What does it mean? It is the politicization of the judiciary. The masses don’t know the great consequences of this constitutional amendment. To explain it is our duty. If this constitutional amendment passes from parliament, I say clearly Republic of Turkey will become a party state. Which party in the government, the state will shape according to it. The president of ruling party will establish or abolish a ministry. He will be able to establish new provinces. Is this Patagonia?
38 item of constitution changed when Ecevit was the prime minister. There was no fighting or tension. The parties discussed and changes passed from parliament with great harmony. After 2010, Justice and Development Party (AKP) has done the opposite. They wanted to change the constitution by force. In the 2010 referendum, we wandered the all our city and said it was wrong. The person in Pennsylvania they have known as the enemy was saying “If it is possible, even the dead must vote “yes”.” When he won the referendum he had conveyed his greetings and love.
What happened after July 20:
- In addition to Turkish Parliament is being deactivated by the State of Emergency (OHAL)’s decree laws, those powers that are not given by parliament have also been used (by presidential decrees).
- “Collective crime” has been created in this process (as opposed to individual responsilbity of a crime).
- It is desired to silence opposition media with OHAL.
- For the first time in the history of the Republic of Turkey, the government has appealed to the United Nations and declared that they have gotten rid of the fair trial with the OHAL practices.
- The struggle with those who attempted coup was handed over to anger and hatred of one single person and removed from the ground of law.
- Business World and NGOs have become unable to talk. No one has the safety of life and property.
- With Decree Laws universities muzzled and academics have been fired.
- Due to the created atmosphere, the judge has been arrested on every front. The Constitutional Court was also affected by this atmosphere.
- Turkey quit being a state with rule of law. The principle of separation of powers has been abolished.
July 20 coup plotters want to take the de facto situation to the constitutional ground.